Terms and Conditions
- Failure to pay a deposit within 7 days of your order confirmation, may result in your order being cancelled
- As we are constantly receiving enquiries it is advisable to secure your date as soon as possible.
Ideally 2-3 months in advance for wedding and celebration cakes, and as much as possible for all others. However
I will try to accommodate where possible
- Cake Transportation: It is recommended that cakes are transported on a flat surface, preferably against the back of the boot and supported to prevent movement whilst traveling.
Once the cake has been collected or delivered, Helen The Cake Lady cannot be held responsible for any interference or damage to the cake.
- Storage: Once you have taken possession of your cake please keep it in its box until required and place on a flat surface. Cakes should be kept in a cool room, away from direct sunlight and moisture until ready to display.
- DO NOT PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE – This will cause moisture to attach to the icing and could ruin the decoration.
Your cake will be at its best for up to 3 days after your event, and left over cake must be stored in an airtight container.
- Non-Edible Items: Please note that some cakes may contain non edible elements. For instance, stacked or tiered wedding cakes will have white plastic dowels in to support the tiers. These should be removed prior to consumption. Any other non-edible elements such as wire in sugar flowers will be noted and a disclaimer will be provided to sign to say you acknowledge the non edible items supplied with your cake.
- Allergies and Special Dietary Requirements: Gluten and Nut free cakes can be provided. However please note that although cakes may be Gluten and Nut free, they will have been prepared in an area where these ingredients have previously been used and may contain the slightest of traces.
- Alcohol: Please be aware that small amounts of alcohol are used in some decorating techniques – please let me know at the earliest opportunity if this is not suitable.
- Cancellation Policy: If your order is cancelled for any reason, the deposit is non-refundable.
If the cancellation is less than 1 month until the required date, any preparation or supply's purchased specifically for the order will be charged accordingly.
If in the unlikely event that Helen The Cake Lady needs to cancel due to unforeseeable reasons, illness of herself or within the household, then a full refund will be given.
- You will be sent a written quotation based on the details you have provided.
- A non refundable deposit of £100.00 is required to confirm your booking and hold the date
- Once a deposit is received, a confirmation receipt will be sent to you
- Any balance due on wedding cakes is required 3 weeks before the ceremony
- Ideally wedding cakes need to be booked at least 5 months in advance, however
I will always try to accommodate where possible
- A 50% deposit is required for all celebration cakes
- The remaining balance can be paid in cash on collection of the cake
- Or if paying by cheque at least 7 days prior to the due date to allow cheque clearing
- Deposit's need to be received within days 7 of provisional booking
- ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE